History

In 1958 two Italian brothers formed a partnership that combined their farming operations in Northeast Portland, Oregon. Soon after, in 1965, they began moving their operation farther South in the Willamette Valley, an area known the world over for its lush, rich, fertile soil. In St. Paul, the brothers grew vegetables as their mainstay and a small assortment of nursery stock.

Potato crops were bountiful, however, the nursery stock was hardy and its demand increased. Their strong farming background proved extremely beneficial for the production of quality nursery stock, expanding greatly in the 1970s and continuing to flourish today.

Through the years, as the farm grew, the brothers emphasized exceptional quality to ensure customer satisfaction with each shipment. This standard is maintained today in each plant grown at A & R Spada Farms, LLC. The exceptional Country Grown® quality is especially evident in the cornerstone of the operation: Emerald Green Arborvitae.

Copyright 2016 A & R Spada Farms, LLC    All Rights Reserved